Trinity Baptist Church
Youth Pastor Opportunity
Trinity Baptist Church is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta which is an active and very family-focused suburb just outside of Edmonton. More information can be found at www.strathcona.ca. We are a 42-year old faith-filled worshipping community with an average attendance of 300 including youth and children. Pastoral staff is presently comprised of a Lead Pastor (5th year), an Associate Pastor of Children and Family Ministries (7th year), and an Associate Pastor of Worship Arts (2nd year). Trinity Baptist Church is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Please visit www.trinity-baptist.ca.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to provide leadership for our growing and vibrant youth ministry to grades 7 to 12, and a pastoral connection to our young adults. This position includes work with a wide range of people groups including parents, leaders, staff, and those in the community. This position involves the practical and spiritual aspects of youth ministry, as well as other church leadership opportunities depending on giftedness (e.g. worship leadership, preaching, missions trips).
- Ensure youth ministry is functioning in an effective, focused manner
- Plan and implement weekly youth activities and special events
- Mentor, train, and disciple youth leaders and youth ministry volunteers
- Develop bible-based curriculum and teaching materials
- Cultivate caring relationships with youth, leaders, and parents
- Coordinate outreach to youth in Strathcona County
- Participate in staff meetings
- Assume general pastoral responsibilities as required
Our desired candidate will have a calling to long-term youth ministry, and will possess excellent organizational abilities, integrity and strong Christian character. Diverse relational skills are a must, as is an ability to inspire and lead others.
- Have a vital and committed faith in Jesus Christ
- Must have post secondary education, preferably Bible College (B.A., B.R.E., M.Div.) or significant ministry experience
- Previous Youth ministry experience is preferable
- Have a passion for ministry, a godly example, and a strong ability to relate to youth
- Align with Trinity Baptist’s ministry direction, culture, and theological position
- Meet all safety requirements as required by Trinity Baptist Church, including a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Be prepared to proceed toward the appropriate credentialing of Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC)
- Be an effective small group teacher, planner, and motivator
- Be a self-initiating, energetic, and outgoing visionary, possessing strong leadership and relational skills
- Have basic computer and social media skills
Please forward a complete resume (including statement of beliefs, conversion, and sense of call), cover letter, Ministry Information Profile (available at https://cbwc.ca/careers/), and the names of three references to:
Jeff Gullacher, Lead Pastor
Karen Ingram, Search Committee Chair
Trinity Baptist Church, 22550 Twp. Rd. 530, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4T7
The deadline for submission of applications is April 15, 2018 (or until filled). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trinity Baptist Church does not differentiate between candidates on the basis of gender, race, age, or marital status.