Trinity Baptist Preschool – Teacher
Trinity Baptist Preschool has been in operation for over 18 years and has nurtured hundreds of preschool children. The preschool works on the belief that each child is unique and should be encouraged to further his/her social and intellectual abilities at his/her own rate of development. This is accomplished by means of a combination of self-directed and teacher-directed learning experiences. Children will be guided toward self-awareness, self-discipline, self-choice, and a sense of personal responsibility. We are committed to providing an environment in which each child may develop spiritually, emotionally, socially, physically, intellectually and creatively.
As a Preschool Teacher, you will work with the Lead teacher to deliver an effective three-year-old program, keeping with the Trinity Baptist Preschool Child Development Program Plan. Along with delivery of the program, you will assist with the short and long term planning and preparation.
In doing so, the Preschool Teacher is expected to:
- Assist the Lead Teacher with setting up and teaching all the daily teaching duties required
- Assist with development and implementation of the curriculum and field trips for the classes
- Actively interact with the children through all activities at the Preschool
- Connect and communicate with parents at drop-off, pick-up and special events
- Keep the preschool clean and in good order
Trinity Baptist Preschool is open from early September until the end of May.
Classes run Monday –Friday from 9:00 am – 11:30 am, however, this position is only for the Tuesday and Thursday classes. Work hours are typically 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (4 hrs/day). This position will typically be an 8 hour work week and will mostly coincide with the Elk Island Public School schedule.
The Preschool Teacher must:
- Have a vital and committed faith in Jesus Christ, provide a godly example and be in agreement with Trinity’s statement of faith
- Meet certification requirements of “Child Development Assistant or Worker” as per the Alberta Child Care Services guideline. If you do not have certification, the Child Development Assistant Certification must be received within six months after beginning the role of Preschool Teacher Assistant. This certification is done through an on-line course
- Meet all child safety requirements as required by Trinity Baptist Church
- Be professional in their conduct with colleagues, parents and children
- Be accountable directly to the Lead Preschool Teacher for daily direction and leadership as well as to the CFM Pastor and the Preschool Committee
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, along with two references to:
Trinity Baptist Church 22550 Twp. Rd. 530
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4T7
Our application deadline date is May 25th, 2018 or when an appropriate candidate is found for the position.